Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SLEEP'S SWEET EMBRACE

A sleepy morning is not really the best way to begin your day. But when the sleep is long overdue, it may be the only remedy to cure the morning of its inauspicious start, eh? A nocturnal being can hardly keep his eyes open in the morning. Not that he hasn't slept but the sleep was broken in pieces too early for the sun to rise and too late for the lullaby. It's a wait for the sleep to walk right back into the drowsy and dreamy rooms, weave some dreams if day-dreaming is allowed and ring the warning bell before the day's over. Still no sign of it, as yet. I'll wait and see who wins, the sleepy legged being or the worn-out master in waiting.

What all was achieved in the meantime? Surely the hours in between must have been surreal to say the least; to not be awake completely but to not dream away either. Did the consciousness lose its control and slide down into the sub-conscious? Or are you as normally aware of everything around you as you would in a normal state of being awake? You do know who am I, don't know? I have spoken to you several times, more so on this very topic. I have been keeping a track of your actions and behaviour during this state of your mind for many years now. You always seem to forget, I know you more than you do yourself.

Played well with words in the meantime. Tired my eyes and my body looking at some random stories of a high school boy who wasn't at all cool but managed to succeed in the end somehow since he wasn't really a fool. Walked again through the terrain of love, lost and found again. Some wisdom that slowly arrived and some mistakes that swiftly passed by. All in all, I have done enough to tire myself waiting for the sleep to come. If only it knew, punctuality can be a virtue as well. I cannot blame it though, for it has lost too much out of time.

I'm hoping as I narrate this tale to you, it reads me or hears me out and comes running to me. Togetherness is always better than tiresome loneliness. Hope to see you soon. When you do, try and make no noise at all. Don't utter a word or produce a sound. Come to me silently and lull me in your sweet embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...