Sunday, October 30, 2016

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella.
.
I have been following the journey of Rob (Facebook: Robert Kugler) and his pet Bella, here on Instagram (@robkugler) as well on his website (rklifeillustrated.com) ever since I stumbled upon a news article about a man who was taking his dying pet dog on a bucket list trip around America.

I cried learning about Bella's passing yesterday, like I did a few years ago when I learned my pet dog Max had died who I raised as a puppy. We all knew the day was inevitable and felt it nearing in the past couple of days. But still... I cannot fathom the pain of Rob. I can only pray.

Bella was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer) around May 2015 and doctor suggested either putting her down or amputating her front left leg which would give her some time since the cancer had spread to her lungs. It was a difficult decision. She had the surgery. Doctor said this would give her 3-6 months at the most. After recuperating and showing great result, adjusting and adapting to being a #tripawed as Rob lovingly described her, it became evident to Rob that she wasn't done. Bella was still fighting and facing life head on. This was when he decided to embark on a journey from his hometown in Nebraska and discover his country, its nature and its people with his best friend.

Since then they have on an incredible journey, traversing across the country, national parks, country side, lakes and mountains...

Through the almost daily updates I not only saw the fighting and fun spirit of Bella, I also discovered the gem of a human being in Rob. His words carry such weight and shed light on life and living, love and giving and what it is to live truly, learning and coping through everyday struggles. He is also an amazing photographer and captures the essence of the moment and its beauty in all his pictures, whether of Bella or of nature and his fascination with doors.

As Rob goes through this difficult time, I offer my prayers and this dedication, to let him know what the epic journey of Rob and Bella has meant to me and to us all and to show that we will be here to support him, wherever he continues on his onward journey.

And to offer him solace that wherever Bella is, she is now free of pain, and like I shared in a message to him, she might just stumble into my mother who loved her pets and might enjoy being patted for hours by her.

©Ranjan Moirangthem

#RobAndBella #GoBellaGo #TeamBella #WahaiWakhalWahang

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...