Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MAMMA!

I remember the last time I wished you. How you just went to your room and crawled up on the bed and turned away from me when I sat down beside you.

You said: "It's all a waste of time and money. I am not a child anymore and you are not a kid either."

It hurt me, so I just left feeling bitter and a little mad. I had wished then sitting in my room. "I should have shown more often how much I loved and cared."

Love without an expression is the most selfish of love. Things changed after that day. I hugged you more. I kissed you more. I sat down with you and had our little conversations, especially during lunch or dinner. I still remember how you would always wait for me to come back home from college so that we could eat together. I gorged on all that you prepared while you watched me more and ate very little.

Between the Heaven and the Earth, I feel so close to you. And so I thought I'll let you know how much I love and miss you. Even though I can still feel you are crawling up somewhere in the corner of the paradise up above. But I know this time you are smiling and looking down on me... and saying...

"I love you and miss you too, my dear."

5 comments:

  1. Dear Rex,

    This is such a moving post...that gave me many lumps in my throat and made me misty-eyed because it is an echo of how I feel about my mom who passed away 37 years ago...

    You are a good son and I pray that God will bless you abundantly...

    And may your mom rest peacefully always and watch over you and yours...

    Take care and please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rex

    It's me again...I just posted sth for all of us whose moms are in a different world...Check it out when you are free..It is called "To all the moms who are no longer here with us"....

    Take care...

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ma'am,

    Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.. I wish too that our moms are blessed in Heaven.. resting peacefully always..

    God bless you too and your family...

    Love & Respect,
    Rex

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's surprising how much their silence tells us. Probably not as much as how much we speak of them in our silence...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life changes when u loose someone special in your life...

    But one has to learn to live with it..as many of us have.. but the memories still lingers..memories that will make us smile, shed priceless tears but also to encourage us, inspire us... :-) MRS

    ReplyDelete

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...