Friday, May 22, 2009

AN AFTERNOON DELIGHT!

It seemed like a day-dream of sorts. It was hard to believe more so since I had been going in and out of sleep with such ease of transition that it was hard to differentiate between what was really 'real' and what was a 'dream'. So, the first sign of the rain seemed like a dream to me. I had to rush out to confirm if it really was.

The humidity had made the days worse in the past few days. It had become unbearable to an extend that one just had to be out of the house for a minute and soon enough all the pores in the body would start oozing out the undesirable fluid. Did it help to have a handkerchief or some tissues at hand? No, it doesn't help much when just a single wipe can leave the material soaking wet through and through.

Today was no different. The fan did its duty but it failed to bring about the same effect that it once did. The heat and the humidity soon enough induced a short but deep sleep. And it seemed as long as ever. People were walking about and having their laughs and conversations.. and it seemed I was there witnessing it all but from a distant. Were they real conversations or did I just imagined them in my dream again? I can't be certain of it.

I finally woke up to the sound of my friend saying 'It's raining'.. half-asleep and half-awake.. I somehow managed to rush out of the house. No, it wasn't raining at all! He told me to go out in the open and feel it. It did rain a little. And I did manage to feel the drops on my body, as sparse and few as they were. At least now, the day was not the same anymore even if it didn't rain to my heart's content or enough to wet the tiles of the floor.

Just a minute change is needed sometimes when one has been in a routine for a long time, and with no hope of getting out of it, to make things seem better. And even though the expected shower never did pour, it had changed the day from a mundane and humid one to a delightful one. It was surely an 'afternoon delight'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...