Wednesday, May 20, 2009

DISCONNECTED!!

Agreed that technology enhances communication. But disrupted technology leads to disrupted communication; interrupted thoughts and broken chain of conversations. Logging in to my account I was on a look out for friends to chat online, and was really glad to find some good friends with whom I had not conversed for quite some time. The conversations began and we soon began chatting in our own trademark style; a dash of fun, a little teasing and a whole lot of information. Just then the internet gets disconnected. Once was okay and understandable but it happened again and again, especially after we had somehow picked up the pace and got chatting in our usual rhythm again. Finally I decided to end it and swiftly said goodbyes before it got disconnected again. Thus, the earlier excitement of finding a long lost friend and picking up from where we had left faded all too soon. But there is no denying that it was fun to have met my friend online. The experience could have been better if the technology too like our enthusiastic minds responded with ease and uninterrupted flow.

Not just internet but sometimes, the automatic disconnection of a call during our telephonic conversation also kills the flow to a great extend. I have realised that after every 1 hour and 32-34 minutes the phone call gets disconnected and so I have to dial the number again and then reconnect from where we had left just a few seconds ago. It's tolerable and not a major problem at all, except when the call fails to get through again. Then it bugs me a lot. Redialing again and again ends in success most of the times but on rare occasions, the conversation as and when it was disrupted becomes its end. As with anything that sees an end all-too-sudden and completely unexpectedly, it doesn't give any good feelings to think about.

This is very much true in case of relationships as well. Any kind of relationship, if ended on an abrupt and sudden point, leaves an indelible mark in our psyche. There is a sense of something incomplete, of having no end or closure at all inside of us. That is precisely why, it is said that one should always end on a good note. Even if it may not be the perfect ending or in the way that one would have wished it to be, an amiable end makes it easier to go on with our lives. At least regret, guilt or bitterness don't occupy our hearts and minds; and if they still reside, the intensity of its effect becomes a lot milder.

I haven't had much luck with the positive endings. Most of the ends in my life have left me incomplete in some way or the other, as if some part of me has ceased to be mine any longer and is revolting its residence in me. When I don't give in to its rebellious demands it brings along regret and guilt to let me let go off it. I still struggle to keep it in peaceful existence and at some moments when it has gone as far beyond as it could, I feel as disconnected as possible. Sometimes it is good to feel and be disconnected but not when you are aiming otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...