Saturday, June 13, 2009

TO HAVE MY DANCE

Sitting in a corner of a crowded room, with beautiful people all around, hugging and kissing each other, dancing to the songs blasting off the speakers... lights and shadows playing tricks with the faces I strain to recognise...

I am not uninvited but still I am unattended...
I am not searching for someone... or feeling uncomfortable in my place or my skin... I have my thoughts and my ideas to pass me my time... to while away this moment for a lasting one that may follow... but whose promise may not be kept as well...

I am just staring blank... not looking at anyone in particular... a blur in view and a blur in my heart... I wish I could feel the feeling in me or touch the hands of the one whose face I cannot see... I wish I could see clearly the one who's playing this lovely melody in my heart... I wish I could know who is the one who is making me dance... while I sit in a dark corner of a room full of people with too loud music...

Someday when you come to me... I know I too will have my dance...

3 comments:

  1. Very beautifully written, Rex.

    How are you?

    Take care and stay in touch, stay hopeful and happy. :-)

    Cheers,
    masterwordsmith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing fine ma'am... just been busy with my new job...

    Ya, hope is the key!

    Regards,
    Rex

    ReplyDelete

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...