Saturday, June 6, 2009

LAWS OF ATTRACTION!

If I knew the laws of attractions, I'd find it easier to cope with my heart's embarrassing thoughts upon meeting a stranger I connect with on so many levels. I'd leave the right impression; speaking the apt words and making the right moves. I'd build the stories and bring it to an end of happy togetherness. But if I really connect well with the person, do I really need to do any of these at all? It would all flow smoothly and quite naturally, won't they? So, why then would one seek to find ways to attract someone? Magazines and Television shows guiding you on how to follow your own heart yet giving you rules to abide by in order to get hooked with the right person out there for you. How do they know what's in your heart when even you fail to understand it most of the times? How do they know which one's the 'right' one for you when even you didn't have any luck in finding the one? You may say, it is because we don't understand our hearts that we let others take charge and guide us. You may say because we are too demanding and less objective when it comes to the 'right' one, we need someone who can view the both of us individually and together to judge if we are right for each other. But aren't we suppose to know ourselves? Aren't we suppose to figure it out ourselves and learn from the process? I mean how can we ever evolve or grow as a person if we let others run our lives for us, huh? It is strange that we trust strangers with our hearts but not ourselves. I guess, it's always better to blame it on others when things don't work out, isn't it?

Some things are however universal when it comes to attraction. It can either be 1) an instant physical attraction which may or may not last enough to build into something more or 2) a slow process of getting to know the person and be left completely mesmerised by all that you discover. Now whether it turns into a relationship or whether the relationship is successful and so on and so forth, are something even the experts cannot predict with sure-shot accuracy. But does it really matter at all? Isn't the idea to just enjoy the moment, the rush of emotions and the sudden yet expected excitement? So, is this to say that I am enjoying the process of this attraction? Let me put it in a different way. I will tell you an incident that just happened earlier tonight.

I was using a knife and watching something on TV but my thoughts were neither focussed on what was coming on screen or on what I was doing with the knife. I was lost in something else altogether. I was lost in someone's thoughts. It took a pain to bring me back to what I was doing. I had cut myself. I cursed myself but then I smiled. I wondered then why some pain can give so much pleasure! Am I still smiling? What do you think? :-)


1 comment:

  1. This entry makes sense... Until u turned it cheesy and corny with your example... Lol... But really, people shudnt be trying too hard...just cant be helped sometimes

    ReplyDelete

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...