Sunday, June 28, 2009

TO APPRECIATE LIFE FOR WHAT IT IS

It's when the bubble burst that I realised, I hadn't cried for long...
It's when the world crumbled that I realised, I wasn't so strong...

To know that nothing is perfect was the wisdom...
But I held on to the illusion of 'Perfection'...
illusion that filled the void in my life...
the void of unsettling dreams and uprooted relations...

As I step out and see what lies in front of me...
and truly feel the emotions within me...
I know I am not as prepared as I had thought I was...
and my mind's not as clear, it has its doubts...

The unexpected overwhelms me... and emotions have no rein on them...
What was guarded has been let loose...
What was shielded now lay broken...

But in all of these I have come to realise something else too...

The need to appreciate life for what it is..

to not be ashamed of it and hide it under cover..
cover of pretense and false strength...
to not just pretend to live and go through the motion...
but to truly see it and live it too, with all our hearts!!

2 comments:

  1. Appreciating life for what it is, tough!
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is tough... but it's worthwhile in the end..

    ReplyDelete

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...