Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RABIPUR TO JAIPUR AND BACK TO RABIPUR AGAIN

So, did the dog bite actually act as a catalyst for my desire to get out of the city even if for a short while? Maybe yes! Blessing in disguise, I guess. But not really a happy route to achieve something one wants, considering not just the pain of the bite but the piercing of the needles as well. I got my injections not one but two at a time, one for tetanus and the other one 'Rabipur' for the dog bite itself. Both were intramuscular injections. I will have to admit it hurt being my first ever injection below the belt and the first one in years!

After my first Rabipur I was in Jaipur within a couple of days. I had thought of making the most of the 3 continuous holidays but also realised it would not be an easy task to carry out. It was all in my head.

Talked and thought it out with my friend Sunny from the night before to most part of the day. Another one of our friend, Pammi, later joined in. After much contemplation, deciding, not deciding, apprehension on my friend's part, hesitation for permission, almost 'no' permission to a 'yes' permission, not able to start in the evening itself to starting out late, a hell of a rain on the way to spooky roadways, almost running out of petrol to making it and more with the feared quantity, dread of a hot summery days to drizzly cold nights and day, running up the fort, feeling on top of the world, finding our 'sweet' spot to getting blown away by the 'top', misguiding an old fellow with a 1km scare to laughing our hearts out on the way back, extreme close-up of our filthy mouths to a 'night duel' on the bed, an impromptu climb up a rocky mountain to really feeling like on top of the world, a dead man on the highway to three 'just lived till exhausted' men on the way back home - it was simply a trip to remember.

Once back it was time to get going again, for the dog had bitten and gone, but I was still to pay for its deed. And this time, the nurse got me a little more pain than the last time. I wonder if they get a kick out of it? Perhaps they do. A little excitement in a mundane life is always a welcome change. Like our sojourn to the pink city added something to our lives and changed it in some way or the other. I have realised some things.

I have thought out a hell lot of other things. The unpredictability of life is what makes it worth living. The excitement is the highest when the predictability is the lowest. Once we set it in our minds, we will perhaps learn to live... not try to or yearn to... but live, in real.

And in those couple of days we perhaps lived in real. Although we are back to the realities of our own lives now, the feeling of having lived those moments would always see us through till another one of those trip comes to the rescue. So, cheers to the moments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...