Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SWEET DREAMS ARE NOT REAL

When everything seems right, beware because something wrong is lurking around the corner, waiting for that opportune time when you'd have let go of your guard and thought nothing can go wrong. That's what happened to me today. The day began as usual, a little dreamy-eyed, a little lazy and a little late.

As the preparations for the new day set off, I could feel a sense of possibilities around me. I was happy and satisfied with the preparation of the day before, having learned from my mistakes. Things went smoothly. Laughter and smile spread all around with the dreams of the far away land. Alas! yielded to the sweetness of the unseen future all too soon.

So, it's a lesson well learned. A lesson to remind me of how things can get really messy and how screwed up it can make you feel. A lesson that was not easy to learn and will certainly be anything but easy to forget! A lesson, while on its way, gave me three days of hell and perhaps some scars as a testimony of my ignorance in the first place.

Sweet dreams are just not real. For dreams are never sweet. They are intangible and tasteless.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I visited this blog. Hmmm... early signs of hibernation will be clearly visible here from now on! Hey, pen some thoughts on life in Singapore, as an international traveller too!!

    - Sush

    ReplyDelete

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...