Saturday, November 15, 2008

"You'll Always Be My Student..."

That was what my teacher wrote to me on Children's Day. I pray I always remain a student, always learning from the greatest teacher of all - Life.

When I read the sms, I backtracked to my childhood to the days of being just another student, just another teenager learning to grow up, my school and college days, time spent with my friends and family. Everything just went by in a flash. Since then I have been feeling a bit nostalgic. By the end of the day, I can’t help but sigh all the time reminiscing about my past; more so because today is one of my dearest friends’ birthday as well. I was just writing a letter to him and missed him and the good ol’ days.

It is perhaps a perfect timing in a way. It is amusing too that these memories come to me now when I am at a turning point of my life. I say a ‘turning point’ not to specify any bigger turn of events or greater opportunity or any of those sorts. It is simply meant to imply a change of track from what I had been doing or a new phase in my life.

As I remember those days of insecurities and harmless joys, I feel the same emotions even now. I feel the sense of uncertainty over what my life will reveal to me in the coming days and whether I will be able to overcome whatever challenges it throws at me. It is the same period of excitement and anxiousness for the future ahead of us that I lived through during and after my graduation. Not knowing whether whatever I had learned would prove useful at all in securing me a stable and financially independent life, was not the least pleasing. It is the same even today. I still doubt even after gaining some experience in my field if all that I have learned will hold me well in my future endeavours. The more one learns and experiences in life, the more one becomes uncertain of it.

Knowledge is rewarding only to an extent, beyond which it leads to another quest, another search to clear the doubts that it has managed to engender along with the wisdom it generated. Life after all is but a continuous journey of trying to clear all the doubts we have and ultimately only those lead a happy life who manages to live with those very doubts!

I wish I always remain a student in life. Perhaps we always are, in a way, with life teaching us its own lessons. And maybe, just maybe, it laughs at us from time to time for taking it too seriously sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Rob And Bella And Their Incredible Journey

Dedicated to #TeamRobAndBella. . I have been following the journey of Rob ( Facebook: Robert Kugler ) and his pet Bella, here on Insta...